Game On Mouthguard Fitting Instructions
How to Get a Lockdown Fit
What You’ll Need
- Microwave (1100+ watts)
- Wet paper towel
- Bowl of cold water
NOTE: Game On Mouthguards are safe to use with braces. If you have braces, please see special instructions on steps 5 and 6.
- Wrap a wet paper towel completely around your mouthguard. If your mouthguard has a strap, do NOT wrap the paper towel around it.
- Place your wrapped mouthguard in a microwave and heat on high for 55 seconds.
Remove with caution: Mouthguard and paper towel will be hot.
- Carefully remove and place the wrapped mouthguard into a bowl of cold water for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Remove and unwrap the mouthguard. Center it in your mouth along your natural bite line – bite down lightly.
- Press the mouthguard against your front teeth. To fit to upper teeth, apply pressure from tongue to roof of mouth. If you have braces, do NOT press front of mouthguard against teeth.
- Close lips and continuously suck in for 1 minute to ensure a tight, comfortable fit. If you have braces, do NOT suck. Mouthguard will form naturally around braces.
- After molding, your mouthguard will settle into an even more secure fit.
- Your mouthguard is dishwasher safe for cleaning.
- If you are not satisfied with the fit, or ever need to adjust the fit of your mouthguard, just follow the steps above.
Tips for Refining Your Fit
- To shorten your mouthguard, trim the back/molar edges and repeat fitting instructions.
- If you need to lengthen your mouthguard, pinch the back/molar edges, stretch gently and repeat fitting instructions.
If you have questions, please call 855.253.4680